Friday, August 17, 2018

In defense of sex and drugs

For real, y'all, check out what Probcause had to say today:


If my use of the F word bothers you, you definitely won't want to listen to this song, and it's probably a bad idea to read the rest of this blog. Sorry, Dad.

One of my missions in life is to remove the stigma from certain activities that are automatically categorized as "bad," specifically drug use and promiscuous sex.



While it's undeniably true that those things can fuck up your life really badly, they don't have to. As with any major life decision, one must consider all relevant risks and externalities and make an educated, informed choice.

Because under the right circumstances, to "Smoke and Fuck" can be absolutely heavenly. Those circumstances might be a situation such as that between my husband and me last night, in which we got high on Afgooey (Indica, 27%) and had excellent sex. Or it might be like it was many times in my past, in which someone I just met and whose groove I dug was able to hang out and smoke and fuck without any other desires or expectations. Neither of those is inherently better or worse than the other and should not be judged as such.

Standard disclaimers apply:

Don't toke and drive. Be sure drug use doesn't get in the way of basic responsibilities including work, family, and self-care (drugs can be a form of self-care, of course, but if they are your only form of self-care, there might be a problem). Inhaling combustibles is bad for your lungs. THC can inhibit bone growth. Weed isn't for everyone. If you don't like it, don't feel like you have to.

Get tested regularly and use protection. Do not violate any agreements you have with your spouse(s)/significant other(s). Communicate clearly. Respect boundaries - both those of the other party(ies) and your own. Your body is your own - get to know it and listen to it. You owe no one anything: not your body, not your affection, and not your chastity.

ProbCause dedicated "Smoke and Fuck" to all the smokers and lovers. I sure as shit fit the bill and it's my new anthem. Rock on lovers.

P.S. Hi Dad! Did you put your hand on your forehead and say "Oh my God...Well, she's 43 years old."? I bet you did! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment